Oracle - A game by smartdevon

Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Bubba's Happy Fun Agrarian Community.
SoulFox

Post#11 » 20 Aug 2016 04:23

smartdevon wrote:
SoulFox wrote:Played a few minutes of it and it's pretty good so far. Nice job Devon.

Have you met yourself yet?

I'M IN THE GAME?!?
*Makes note to spend her day off tomorrow and play the game to find herself...*

Fireally

Post#12 » 20 Aug 2016 05:47

SoulFox wrote:
smartdevon wrote:
SoulFox wrote:Played a few minutes of it and it's pretty good so far. Nice job Devon.

Have you met yourself yet?

I'M IN THE GAME?!?

You're not the only one. See if you can find all the Easter Eggs! Also, make sure you're playing the most updated version. I can confirm this one will get you to the full end of the game. The version from 5 days ago breaks at the final dungeon. (also, Devon why'd you get rid of your credits? :P)
Fireally's YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/c/FireallyXela

smartdevon

Post#13 » 20 Aug 2016 13:41

Fireally wrote:
SoulFox wrote:
smartdevon wrote:Have you met yourself yet?

I'M IN THE GAME?!?

You're not the only one. See if you can find all the Easter Eggs! Also, make sure you're playing the most updated version. I can confirm this one will get you to the full end of the game. The version from 5 days ago breaks at the final dungeon. (also, Devon why'd you get rid of your credits? :P)

Theyre still in the code somewhere....
Ill fix it...
And soul you better check every corner if you wanna find yourself. Youre quite outta the way
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

SoulFox

Post#14 » 20 Aug 2016 15:53

smartdevon wrote:
Fireally wrote:
SoulFox wrote:I'M IN THE GAME?!?

Ill fix it...
And soul you better check every corner if you wanna find yourself. Youre quite outta the way

I usually try to touch every corner of games anyway. I don't like missing things. I usually end up missing things anyway though..

smartdevon

Post#15 » 20 Aug 2016 23:53

SoulFox wrote:
smartdevon wrote:
Fireally wrote:

Ill fix it...

I usually try to touch every corner of games anyway. I don't like missing things. I usually end up missing things anyway though..

So I assume you got the pickaxe and shovel then?
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

SDaxium

Post#16 » 21 Aug 2016 18:03

I tried getting the android download. The download was successful but I can't play the actual game. It's sitting around extracted on my phone right now
redghostboy wrote:I'm a ginger. I no longer feel safe in this world because of season 3.

smartdevon

Post#17 » 21 Aug 2016 22:58

SDaxium wrote:I tried getting the android download. The download was successful but I can't play the actual game. It's sitting around extracted on my phone right now

Oh i tweeted but forgot to mention here. The android/ios download doesnt work at all

SDaxium

Post#18 » 22 Aug 2016 00:13

I have all the pictures on my phone so I'll just spend time marvelling at those beautiful pieces while waiting ;)
redghostboy wrote:I'm a ginger. I no longer feel safe in this world because of season 3.

NitroMiyaz

Post#19 » 25 Aug 2016 03:30

SmartDevon, how did you make the damage formula for your game? (If there wasn't a set formula)

I'd like a damage formula for my roleplay TBA on Haven Station. I've made an equation, but once the levels are too high, the players could get EXTREMELY overpowered or EXTREMELY underpowered against certain enemies.
Formula used:

Attributes:
VIT - Vitality
STR - Strength
DEF - Defense
AGI - Agility
DEX - Dexterity
MAG - Magic
SPR - Spirit

Damage Formula (Physical):
DMG = minimum number(Bonus + 2d6, Bonus + 2d6), Bonus = Player STR - Enemy DEF

Damage Formula (Magical):
DMG = minimum number(Bonus + 2d6, Bonus + 2d6), Bonus = Player MAG - Enemy SPR

Hit/Miss Formula:
Hit(positive)/Miss(negative) = (Player DEX + 2d6) - (Enemy AGI + 2d6)

Group Damage Formula:
Total Enemy DEF = TED
Number of Enemies = NoE
DMG per Enemy = ((Player [STR/MAG] × NoE) + 2d6) - (TED + 2d6)

I'd like to know what an RPG game formula would use for battle calculations.
Help is appreciated.
I am the third generation Nitro. Nitro III, to be exact. :ugeek: Personality type: INFJ-A

smartdevon

Post#20 » 26 Aug 2016 22:49

Here's the formula:

(Attack Power/Magic Power)- (Enemy Defense Power/Enemy Magic Defense)

Each character has their own attack power and magic power stats, and each attack has a multiplier that increases (or decreases) the attack's power. For example,
the basic "Attack" option, uses the formula
(Attack power * 4) to calculate that attacks power.
(Enemy Defense Power * 2) this calculates your enemies defense against the attack,
the enemy's defense against the attack is subtracted to the attacks power, to calculate the final attack.

So lets use an example. At level 3 Koda's attack power is 28. so let's apply this to a formula for when he's fighting a cocatrice.

(28*4)-(22*2)
(112)-(44)=68
Therefore, with the basic attack, at level 3, Koda does 68 damage to a cockatrice, but you'll notice that this is only an approximation. There is a 20% this variation this means the attack can do anywhere from 54 to 82 damage.