Oracle - A game by smartdevon

Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Bubba's Happy Fun Agrarian Community.
NitroMiyaz

Post#21 » 27 Aug 2016 18:57

Ohoho, it's so simple I love it.
BTW, how do you get that 20% variation? Is it subtract or add to the final attack the 20% or less?

68 (- 20% / + 20%)

Because, I really want to use this incredibly simple formula for my roleplay. And of course, you gain the credit. Even better, you can be a Moderator for it. :3
I am the third generation Nitro. Nitro III, to be exact. :ugeek: Personality type: INFP-A

Fireally

Post#22 » 27 Aug 2016 19:33

The problem with this system is classes tend to stalemate. When a duel class comes by you're destroyed or destroying
Fireally's YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/c/FireallyXela

smartdevon

Post#23 » 27 Aug 2016 22:08

the 20% variation is included in rpgmaker, i didn't create the formula its one used by many rpg's. basically a random number generator decides how much damage you do within that 20% formula.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

NitroMiyaz

Post#24 » 27 Aug 2016 22:42

Do you think this substitute would help create a little variation instead of the 20%?

Damage Formula (Physical):
DMG = ((Player STR + 1d6) × 4) - ((Enemy DEF + 1d6) × 2)

Damage Formula (Magical):
DMG = ((Player MAG + 1d6) × 4) - ((Enemy SPR + 1d6) × 2)

Also, if this were to be used as a group damage formula (shown below), would it calculate the same damage as the formulas above, except spread out to multiple enemies?

Group Damage Formula:
Total Enemy DEF/SPR = TEDS
Number of Enemies = NoE
DMG per Enemy = (((Player STR/MAG × NoE) + 1d6) × 4) - ((TEDS + 1d6) × 2)

Finally, the last thing I need help with would have to be the hit/miss formula. It's also overpowered or underpowered depending on the enemy's level.

Hit/Miss Formula:
Hit(positive)/Miss(negative) = (Player DEX + 2d6) - (Enemy AGI + 2d6)

Thanks for your guys' feedback and help! :D
With these things checked and cleared, my simple battle formulas will be set and my roleplay will be nearly complete (At least the beta test of it).
I am the third generation Nitro. Nitro III, to be exact. :ugeek: Personality type: INFP-A

smartdevon

Post#25 » 27 Aug 2016 23:03

hit or miss? well there's always the pokemon method of "this attack has a _% chance of hitting" but I'll take a look into what rpgmaker uses.

Edit: just checked, that's it. each attack has a _% chance of hitting. for the bassic "Attack" that's 100%, but if the damage formula ends up with 0, or a negative number, the attack is ineffective. If you're wondering about the Agility and Luck stats, agility determins the order that the characters attack, and luck affects the chances of being cured/afflicted of a status ailment, or afflicting a status ailment, like burn.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

NitroMiyaz

Post#26 » 28 Aug 2016 01:00

i just found that healing is the hardest part. I've gotten rid of agility and dexterity, and replaced them with luck. I want to be able to use the luck stat for healing, like the higher the luck, the more one can heal. No idea how to do that though. :P

smartdevon

Post#27 » 28 Aug 2016 19:11

Just make up an equation for healing, try this one

(Luck * d6) - ((30 * d6)/2)

THE_BUTLER00

Post#28 » 04 Sep 2016 04:26

Planning on trying it in December when I get a proper laptop. (Instead of this stupid Chromebook I have now.)

But I did have a couple of questions. 1) Why does it say name your own price next to download?
2) Exactly how many people from this site did you add?
"I am no one's blessing, I'll just bring you harm, I'm a cursed black cat, I'm an albatross, I'm a mirror broken, Sad to say, I'm your bad luck charm." - Bad Luck Charm - Jeff Williams (RWBY Volume 4 Soundtrack)

Overeptic

Post#29 » 04 Sep 2016 04:44

You get to choose how much you pay for it, you can get it free but you can also donate to Devon.
Hey guys! I'm glad the Punchwood community is still running after the original site PLUS WoodHaven being shutdown. Anyways, I'm Overeptic, was KidDarkness_18 on Punchwood, Glad to be here.

smartdevon

Post#30 » 05 Sep 2016 14:26

THE_BUTLER00 wrote:Planning on trying it in December when I get a proper laptop. (Instead of this stupid Chromebook I have now.)

But I did have a couple of questions. 1) Why does it say name your own price next to download?
2) Exactly how many people from this site did you add?

If you're looking for an exact number I can't give you one but a good estimate is maybe 5-7

and as overeptic said you can just click the button that says "No thanks just take me to the downloads"