Oracle of Fire - A game by smartdevon

Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Bubba's Happy Fun Agrarian Community.
smartdevon

Post#1 » 26 Feb 2017 16:41

Hey guys! I'm taking the knowledge I've gleamed from developing Oracle and Remnants of Woodhaven and putting it to good use! I've recently started development on a game I've been thinking about for a long time, Oracle of Fire (Name not final). This game will focus on exploration and feature a level up system like the one seen in Oracle, as well as creative, puzzle based dungeons. The story takes place before the events of Oracle, and will tell the story of Lash, and how he becomes the Oracle of Fire. You can watch the opening cut scene below.
https://youtu.be/rOewWuGgZp8

When I was developing Remnants of Woodhaven, lots of you guys gave me great art to use as enemy designs. I want your help here too. But not as much for enemies. I want you to create art of the main character, Lash, for me to use in cut-scenes. Did you enjoy that opening cut scene? What if you illustrated it in a way that captures the action far better than the top-down view? Don't limit yourself when your drawing. If you make a beautiful picture, I'll find a way to work it in. Here's a few ideas, Draw the main character pulling the sword of fire from a pedestal, how about drawing Lash raising the sword of fire into the sky while he's on fire? If you have an idea for an image you want to create, but aren't sure if you should go through with it, run it by me. chances are I'll say yes.

You guys seemed to really enjoy contributing to Remnants, and I hope you have fun contributing to this game too. oh but I'm not without incentive. I have a few prizes for those who create the best image.

The Gold Prize: (For the one who creates an image so beautiful, so artistic, that it topples every other image submitted. Create your own NPC, theyll play a small part in the story and may offer a sidequest, or run a shop or inn (depending on the role they play in the main story)

The Silver Prize: (For those who submit multiple wonderful images for me to use, they clearly put a lot of work into creating images for this game)
Create your own NPC, they'll offer a sidequest or run a shop or inn,

The Bronze Prize: (For those who submit one, pretty good image)
Create your own NPC, theyll act as a villager or extra character

Of course everyone who creates art will be credited in the credits.

[+] Description of the main character
Lash is a young Owl anthro. Half human half owl. He's cocky and adventurous. Lash is a nomad with no living family. He's been an adventurer for a long time.
Last edited by smartdevon on 20 Dec 2017 04:49, edited 1 time in total.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

Obiwanabi

Post#2 » 26 Feb 2017 18:51

smartdevon wrote:Lash is a young Owl anthro. Half human half owl. He's cocky and adventurous. Lash is a nomad with no living family. He's been an adventurer for a long time.

That sounds eerily familiar.... If not for the "... No living family..." part I'd suggest that he was an Owlbrood, but then again, perhaps he is. I suppose we'll see.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

noghiri
Site Admin

Post#3 » 27 Feb 2017 01:39

Lash is a young Owl anthro. Half human half owl. He's cocky and adventurous. Lash is a nomad with no living family. He's been an adventurer for a long time.

I apologize for slowly turning this forum furry.
hairplanes

smartdevon

Post#4 » 27 Feb 2017 02:08

Lash has been an owl anthro since punchwood
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

laixlegoman

Post#5 » 28 Feb 2017 20:22

Any chance you can post the current sprites for lash?
(self proclaimed) master of causing unexpected circumstances.

smartdevon

Post#6 » 28 Feb 2017 23:21

Of course. Ill do it as soon as I can

smartdevon

Post#7 » 01 Mar 2017 13:22

pictures of Lash as they are now.

This thread isn't just an art contest of course. I also want your suggestions. Your advice. what would've made Oracle and Remnants more enjoyable for you?

Probored

Post#8 » 01 Mar 2017 13:57

Needs more owl. I suggest going the SlayerOfNight route and sticking an owl face on his head.

Alternatively, ask Obi to pose different grimaces and take a picture

Probored

Post#9 » 01 Mar 2017 14:02

noghiri wrote:

I apologize for slowly turning this forum furry.

Lmao, it feels like every single time I join an online community, its overrepresented by LGBT folks or overrepresented by furries. I am neither and somehow always find myself in theses groups despite having common everyday interests and no niche.

smartdevon

Post#10 » 01 Mar 2017 14:06

It does need more owl, but I dont want to go too far with it. Also Im not a furry, .