The Starlight Hotel

THE_BUTLER00

Re: The Starlight Hotel

Post#1191 » 13 Jun 2018 20:33

Ren nodded. "A Piña Colata and something non-alcoholic and high in calories. Gotcha." with that Ren retreated to the bar, and began reading over his menu for calorie counts on his drinks.

Barnaby gave the man a solemn nod. "That would be me, yes. How can I help you?"
"I am no one's blessing, I'll just bring you harm, I'm a cursed black cat, I'm an albatross, I'm a mirror broken, Sad to say, I'm your bad luck charm." - Bad Luck Charm - Jeff Williams (RWBY Volume 4 Soundtrack)

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#1192 » 13 Jun 2018 20:41

"We heard about your plight. So we have a proposal for you that might solve your problem, and ours." The man began. He opened a briefcase, and pulled out some papers. "We need a venue to hold a concert for Ms.Haneyori's concert. Unfortunately, every other place around here was fully booked. We heard about the stage you have here, and have come to ask if we may use it for the concert. We'll pay for most of the expenses of course." Pushing up his sunglasses again, the man stopped for a moment to breathe, and then continued. "The publicity of having a semi-famous violinist playing here might just get you some guests... We'd even be willing to split ticket profits if that helps out any."

Syoku thanked Ren as he walked off, and then went back to working on the stone. The stone felt familiar... but also not at all. "Mahō, son'nani konran suru no o tomeru koto ga dekimasu ka?" (Magic, could you stop being so damn confusing?) He whispered under his breath.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

THE_BUTLER00

Post#1193 » 13 Jun 2018 20:46

Barnaby scratched his chin. "That...sounds very generous of you, I see no way why I would refuse." Almost too generous, but that hadn't crosses Barnaby's mind, he was only thinking about bringing tourism back to his hotel.
"I am no one's blessing, I'll just bring you harm, I'm a cursed black cat, I'm an albatross, I'm a mirror broken, Sad to say, I'm your bad luck charm." - Bad Luck Charm - Jeff Williams (RWBY Volume 4 Soundtrack)

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#1194 » 13 Jun 2018 20:48

The man quickly turned to Shizune, and gave her a thumbs up. Her eyes widened with joy, and she ran over and hugged Barnaby without warning. "...I apologize for her... she's a little... excitable." A sheepish look came upon the man's face as he bowed and apologized.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

smartdevon

Post#1195 » 14 Jun 2018 04:15

Serene
"Im sure the lonely old man doesnt mind." I said cheerfully.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

THE_BUTLER00

Post#1196 » 14 Jun 2018 04:36

Barnaby smiled, nodded, and patted Shizune on the back. "Yes, well, I'll arrange a penthouse suite or two for you two. I would also like to donate my staff to helping with anything you need done for the event, heavens know they haven't been doing much lately." He said, waving a hand towards Syoku.

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#1197 » 14 Jun 2018 04:41

"Thank you, it would be very appreciated." The man turned to Shizune and began to make movements with his hands, albiet very slowly. She tilted her head in confusion, before the man sighed.

Syoku nodded. "I can't speak for everyone but I'd be happy to help."

"As would I." Down the stairs came Eleonore, a smile on her ghostly face. "I've never seen a violin concert before, let alone what kind of works goes into setting one up."

THE_BUTLER00

Post#1198 » 14 Jun 2018 04:43

Barnaby let out a gasp when Eleonore came down the stairs, almost like he had a mini heart attack.

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#1199 » 14 Jun 2018 06:10

The ghost girl rolled her eyes at him. Seems he still wasn't used to her.

"...Quick question, do any of you happen to know sjgn language?" The man asked. Syoku and Eleonore both shook their heads.

smartdevon

Post#1200 » 14 Jun 2018 18:21

"Sorry, I dont speak hands." Serene said.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09